Brisk walking is a common exercise. The difference between walking in peacetime is that the speed and the amount of walking are much larger. Therefore, the brisk walking consumes more calories than the walking. Let’s take a look at the benefits of brisk walking.
Is brisk walking the aerobic exercise?
Fast walking is a common aerobic exercise but it is not a high-intensity exercise. For people who don’t exercise regularly, it is a good way to lose weight.
Brisk walking can exercise the muscles of leg, core, upper limbs, shoulders, etc., which can call more than 80% of the body’s muscle. Compared to running, the body always has at least one foot to be ground/stressed, so the knee only needs to bear the weight of gravity in the vertical direction, and the pressure on the knee is much lower. Walking is a daily exercise for everyone, and you can exercise anytime, anywhere, without the need for extra equipment.
If you want to lose weight, you should stick for more than 7 days, and at least 20-40 minutes every day. After stopping walking, tap the calf as quickly as possible so that the calf does not get sore and thick. At the beginning of the walk, the local position of the calves and thighs was slightly sore. At this time, you can use the method of pressing, rubbing and pinching to relieve the soreness of the leg muscles.
Aerobic exercise refers to physical exercise performed by the human body with sufficient oxygen supply. That is, during exercise, the oxygen inhaled by the human body is equal to the demand and reaches a physiological balance. To put it simply, aerobics include long-distance running, cycling, mountain climbing, ball sports, Tai Chi and so on. Aerobic exercise plays an important role in fat consumption.
What are the benefits of brisk walking?
- Fast walking is an appropriate exercise for bones and has a good effect on preventing bone aging.Fast walking is not good for joints, it is good for bone exercise, and it is also very helpful for skeletal diseases. At the same time, it also has a good relief for the symptoms of osteoporosis.
- As an aerobic exercise, brisk walking can not only improve your own metabolic status but also prevent insomnia, especially for some insomnia caused by high mental stress.
- Fast walking has a good auxiliary treatment effect on high blood pressure, high blood fat, fatty liver and other diseases. It can help to maintain the health of the human body by consuming excess fat in the body
- When a person walks, the muscle system acts like a rolling water pump that pushes the blood to the heart. Walking fast can speed up muscle movement, promote blood circulation throughout the body, help to improve oxygen consumption, and increase the pacing strength of the heart. It is good for improving the cold blood supply to the feet and the coldness of the feet.
- Fast walking can not only strengthen the body, enhance the body’s immunity, but also accelerate the consumption of energy, lose weight and maintain a beautiful body shape curve. According to research, adults who walk for half an hour a day can increase calorie consumption by 30%. Walking one kilometer a day can reduce fat by about 0.3 kg. So walking fast is very helpful for people who are good at losing weight.
Warm tips for brisk walking
- Briskwalking exercise is not suitable for everyone
Walking exercises have certain physiological and intellectual requirements. Patients with obvious lower extremity joint disease, cardiovascular disease, frequent asthma, severe illness, recovery of cerebrovascular disease, mental retardation or poor orientation are not suitable for brisk walking. If want to walk, they must be accompanied.
- The sooneris not the better
In order to achieve these effects, walking exercise needs to reach a certain distance and a certain time, but please remember that brisk walking is not the same as running. What level of brisk walking is most beneficial? According to the latest research, when the heart rate is about 100 beats per minute at a speed of 5-6 kilometers per hour, it’s appropriate.
- Time for brisk walking
Because the climatic factors such as light, temperature, humidity, and wind direction are different at different times of the day, also, the human body clock determines that the human internal environment is different in the day, the choice of exercise time is exquisite. The latest research found that from 3 pm to 9 pm, this period is more appropriate for brisk walking. Therefore, You can consider walking home when you get home from work.